This survival course is ideal for those who want to venture out of the urban environment and get back to basics. This course really opens your eyes to what is around you and will change the way you look at the wilderness forever. It provides you with the basic skill set to feel comfortable in wilderness environments.
We use two locations for this course depending on the season. One being set in the idyllic and majestic Snowy Mountains on the banks of the mighty Snowy River and the other in the Semi-arid Murray sunset national park near Mildura. The Murray-Sunset National Park, in Victoria’s far north-west corner, is in one of the few remaining semi-arid regions in the world where the environment is relatively untouched. With its wide open landscapes, breath taking sunsets and starry nights, its vastness and isolation is perfect for our born survivor course.
This survival course is perfect for the adventurer seeking a broader understanding of core survival subjects, this course aims to equip you with the knowledge, skill-set and confidence to enjoy wilderness environments safely.
All of the subjects we have chosen to cover on this course lay the framework for more advanced courses and have been chosen so you get the most out of the weekend. Each skill is explained in detail and expertly demonstrated, after which you are encouraged to apply the skill for the duration of the course. No experience is necessary and it’s suitable for everyone and anyone, although a reasonable level of fitness is required.
This course has a maximum capacity of 10 people to ensure you get the most out of your experience and to maintain good instructor to participant ratio.
- Psychology of survival: what it takes to make it out alive?
- Shelter building
- Fire lighting, both primitive and modern methods
- Water procurement (Digging, Transpiration bags, solar stills & distillation.)
- Identification of edible flora and fauna and food collection. (Season dependant)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Anyone who has a reasonable level of fitness and wants to learn about the core principles of survival whilst learning some useful skills in some of Victoria’s most breath taking wilderness locations.
Easy-Moderate. You will be camping in tents without access to conventional toilets and amenities.
- All equipment for the weekend (Some exclusions apply)
- All food and beverages for the weekend (Excludes snacks and please inform us of dietary requirements on booking)
- All course materials
- Parks fees
- Transport via 4×4 from meeting point only
- Expert survival instructors
- Snowy mountains, Vic
- Murray sunset national park
- Minimum age of 14
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult
- Average level of fitness
- Must be able to make your own way to the meeting point
- You will be camping with no access to conventional toilets or amenities
WHAT TO BRING?
A full kit list will be emailed to you at time of booking.
We require a 50% deposit at time of booking and the balance is payable 7 days before the course starts.