Outback survival | Desert survival training | Survival course Australia
Our Outback survival course is geared for those who need the skills to be able to survive in harsh desert environments.
This course is essential for those who want to go further into the desert or drive overland through remote desert environments. It not only gives you the knowledge and skills you need to survive, it provides you with the confidence to go out there and explore knowing you have a skill set to get you out of a tricky situation.
The skills you will learn in this course will stay with you for a lifetime. This is the only outback survival course of its kind in Australia. It truly is a unique experience, set on a private station in the Pilbara. The place is vast and beautiful, spreading over hundreds of kilometres of dunes, salt encrusted lakes, vast stony deserts and dense scrub.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
- Build makeshift shelters
- Collect and purify precious water in desert environments
- Learn various signalling methods
- Learn how to make fire using limited resources (Numerous methods)
- Psychology of survival
- Navigation: compass and map, GPS, navigation using the sun and stars.
- In-depth survival strategies and the importance of extensive pre-trip planning
- Identification of edible flora and fauna and food collection
- All equipment (exclusions will be emailed to you in the kit list at time of booking)
- All food & beverages (excludes first and last day)
- All course materials
- Transport to and from the airport.
- Hotel on last night.
OUTBACK SURVIVAL COURSE LOCATION
- The Pilbara, North western, Australia
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- Under 18’s must be supervised by an adult