Rafting in Melbourne| white water rafting on the Yarra river in Melbourne
Sports rafting is an adrenaline fuelled adventure, You will paddle down boiling white-water and negotiate your raft down furious rapids whilst enjoying the stunning scenery of Melbourne’s Yarra river from the seat of your raft.
Are you ready for some adrenaline fuelled grade 2 white-water rafting? Look no further! Tackle Melbourne’s very own Yarra river in a two-person inflatable sports raft! Raft your way over furious rapids with names such as “Bob’s rock” and “pinball rapid” and challenge yourself as you paddle down the raging rapids! This white-water adventure is so much fun you will be smiling all day long! With the added convenience of being so close to Melbourne, it is the perfect day trip for some thrills and spills!
Time to turn up the adventure dial with an awesomely fun white-water rafting adventure on the Yarra river. The experienced team from the Adventure Merchants will kit you out with the latest gear and sports raft, and then it’s two fantastic adrenaline-packed hours on grade 2 rapids.
You will paddle through stunning gorges and valleys filled with native bush land and wildlife. Steer your way down the river whilst negotiating the twists and turns of boiling rapids and grade 1-2 white-water.
This rafting adventure is guaranteed to get the heart pumping and the adrenaline flowing. So, come and join us on Melbourne’s Yarra river for an awesome white-water river adventure! Great fun for Summer and winter!
For bigger white-water and rapids, we recommend coming along in winter months! The water level is generally much higher and faster flowing with large waves and surging holes! Awesome fun and highly recommended!
SPORTS RAFTING ADVENTURE INCLUSIVE OF
- Fully guided rafting trip by experts
- All safety equipment including life vest and helmet
- All parks fees
- Top of the line equipment
- All helmets have Go Pro mounts so you can capture your very own thrills and spills!
- We meet at the end of Lower homestead road, Wonga park, Melbourne.
- Maximum weight 110kg per person.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must be able to swim 10 metres.
- You will be required to carry the raft a short distance from the vehicle to the river.
- You must have an average level of fitness.
WHAT TO BRING ON MY RAFTING ADVENTURE?
A full list will be emailed to you at time of booking however we recommend the following items for sports rafting:
- Closed toed footwear are essential. Please do not wear thongs or sandals.
- Please bring clothes you don’t mind getting wet.
- Water bottle.
- Waterproof camera if you want some pictures or your rafting adventure.
- Bring a few layers of warmer clothing in winter months, thermals and a warm jumper or jacket work well (No cotton or jeans in cooler months as this makes you cold when wet) Shorts and t-shirt are fine for summer months.
Need more info? Call us on 1300 70 1194
“Want to do something different on the weekend or holidays? These amazing experiences are something you must try!
I have done the abseiling, rock climbing and white water rafting adventures with this company and I highly recommend them. Suitable to most abled ages and beginners.
I recently did the white water rafting adventure for a birthday present with no rafting experience. Detailed instructions were given on the day, clear explanations and what appears to be always regulated updated equipment with everything safety-wise provided.
I had such an enjoyable first time I will certainly be doing it again with this company as they really do put the experience of their customers first!
Recommend bringing closed shoes and your waterproof camera as you are not going to want to miss getting it all on footage!”
“My friend and I try to do something a little different every few months.
We stumbled across the white water rafting, and although a little unsure of our skill level as we had only kayaked a few times before this was perfect for us and we are looking forward to our next time on the water. Paul was a knowledgeable guide who was with us the whole way. All equipment was supplied, including helmets and life jackets. The afternoon was fun, relaxed and totally enjoyable – not only the rafting but the scenery and wildlife that we saw on our travels. Thank-you and we look forward to our next venture”