Experience a wild ride with this whitewater kayaking adventure!Paddle down Melbourne’s very own Yarra river from the seat of a two-man inflatable kayak! Tackle Bobs rock and the finger grater rapid! Challenge yourself as you paddle down the raging rapids whilst negotiating the twists and turns on this whitewater kayaking adventure!
Experience grade 2 whitewater kayaking from the seat of a two-man inflatable kayak! Tackle Bobs rock and pinball rapid! Challenge yourself as you paddle down the raging rapids whilst negotiating the twists and turns of the mighty Yarra!
This kayaking adventure is so much fun you will be smiling all day long! With the added convenience of being so close to Melbourne, it is a great trip for some action close to home!
Supercharge your day with a fun whitewater kayaking adventure on Melbourne’s very own Yarra river. The experienced team from the Adventure Merchants will kit you out with the latest gear and kayak and demonstrate how to paddle and steer the kayak with ease! Then it’s two fantastic adrenaline-packed hours on grade 2 rapids.
Be prepared for more than a little splashing as you paddle through the boiling rapids and breaking waves carving their way through gorges and valleys full of native bush land. The kayaks we use are awesome, very stable and forgiving so it is suitable for total beginners to navigate their way down the rapids.
This whitewater kayaking adventure is guaranteed to get the heart pumping. So come and join us on Melbourne’s Yarra river for an awesome kayaking adventure this weekend! Great fun for Summer and winter!
The water level is lower in summer months which make the rapids more technical. For a wild ride we recommend coming along during winter months when the water level is generally much higher with large waves and furious rapids!
- Whitewater kayaking adventure fully guided by expert instructors
- All safety equipment including life vest and helmet
- All parks fees
- Top of the line kayaking equipment
- Go pro mounts on all helmets to capture the thrills and spills!
- We meet at the end of Lower homestead road, Wonga park, Melbourne
WHITEWATER KAYAKING REQUIREMENTS
- Maximum weight 110kg
- Under 18s to be accompanied by an adult
- Swim 10 metres
- You will be required to carry the kayak a short distance from the vehicle to the river.
- You will get wet so be prepared for it
WHAT SHOULD I BRING WHITEWATER KAYAKING?
A full list will be emailed to you at time of booking, however we recommend the following for whitewater kayaking
- Closed toed footwear essential. Please do not wear thongs or sandals.
- Clothes you don’t mind getting wet. Please wear a few layers of warm clothing in winter months and do not wear cotton or jeans as these fabrics will make you cold when wet. Thermals work best with a warm jacket. A t-shirt and shorts are fine for summer months.
- A full change of clothing including footwear for after the whitewater kayaking
- Water bottle if you have one
- Water proof camera if you would like to take pictures
Need more info? Call us on 1300 70 1194
Whitewater kayaking Reviews
“Highly recommend this experience!
It was my first time kayaking and I will definitely be back to do it again. Kate & Paul were extremely patient and made it a lot of fun for our whole group, which consisted of 12 people of varying ages. Who wouldn’t want to have fun with magnificent scenery?”
Was the perfect newlyweds gift – we had a riot. Well organised, adventurous with the perfect amount of obstacles to keep us pumping with adrenaline. Highly recommend”
“This was such a fun day
Well who knew a place like this existed only 45 mins from Melbourne? We’d do this again for sure! The scenery was beautiful and it was a bunch of fun for the 9 of us. It didn’t necessarily provide an adrenaline rush on the day we went…but there were lots of laughs & challenges. Both Kate and Paul were very patient with us too. Thanks guys, we’ll be joining you again for another adventure day, for sure! :)”
“White water kayaking on the Yarra!
Was the perfect newlyweds gift – we had a riot. Well organised, adventurous with the perfect amount of obstacles to keep us pumping with adrenaline. Highly recommend.”
WHITEWATER KAYAKING ENQUIRY FORM