Are you ready to explore the depths of the earth and wade through subterranean rivers, marvel at the phosphorus glow worms, cross chasms and explore the caverns of this unique granite boulder cave! If this sounds exciting, adventure caving is a great way to see the Earth from a totally different perspective.
As you venture into the darkness with only your torch, you really do feel like an adventurer as you make your way into the pitch-black cave it really is like another world down there. You will spend your time underground exploring the fascinating sights of this alien underground world.
These caves have everything required for a fantastic caving experience, in fact there are only 5 known caves like this one in Victoria which makes it quite special, formed over thousands of years of water erosion these huge granite boulders jumbled on top of each other make this caving adventure a thrilling experience and houses a unique eco system of glow worms, cave crickets and fungi amongst others.
You will wade through subterranean rivers, crawl through some tight squeezes, climb over chasms and view the beautiful glow worms. There are multiple exits and entries to the cave system, which enables even the most claustrophobic of people to have an enjoyable time. This awesome caving adventure is located only 50 minutes drive from Melbourne, so come and join us on this underground playground.
Remember this is not your average guided walk-around caving experience- this is adventure caving! You will be crawling on your hands and knees, scrambling over rocks, sliding, navigating some tight spaces, exploring hidden caverns and getting wet and muddy. This adventure can be quite physical but guaranteed it is worth the effort. This is an activity close to Melbourne that can be enjoyed by almost anyone so get ready for the awesomeness and come caving with us!
- Fully Guided caving trip
- All safety equipment and full safety briefing
- All parks fees
- Top of the line equipment including helmets and head torches
- Meeting point is Yarra junction, Vic (Around 55 mins from Melbourne) You will receive the exact location via email at time of booking.
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Participants must be under 110kg and must be physically able to fit through parts of the cave.
- You will need to make your own way to the cave (There is a gravel road up to the cave which is suitable for normal cars)
WHAT TO BRING?
A full list is will be emailed to you at time of booking
- Old clothing that you don’t mind getting muddy and wet ( Long sleeved top and long pants)
- Closed toed shoes (preferably old ones you don’t mind getting wet)
- A full change of clothes for after the caving
- If you would like to bring a camera make sure it is waterproof and not easily damaged.
- We recommend you to not take anything into the cave as it may get damaged.