Are you ready to explore the depths of the earth and wade through subterranean rivers, marvel at the phosphorus glow worms, cross chasms and explore the caverns of this unique granite boulder cave! If this sounds exciting, adventure caving is a great way to see the earth from a totally different perspective.
As you venture into the darkness with only your torch your caving adventure begins! you really do feel like an adventurer as you make your way into the pitch-black cave it really is like another world down there. You will spend your time underground exploring the fascinating sights of this alien underground world.
These caves have everything required for a fantastic caving experience, in fact there are only 5 known caves like this one in Victoria which makes it quite special, formed over thousands of years of water erosion these huge granite boulders jumbled on top of each other make this caving adventure a thrilling experience and houses a unique Eco-system of glow worms, cave crickets and fungi amongst others.
You will wade through subterranean rivers, crawl through some tight squeezes, negotiate your way over chasms and view the beautiful glow worms. There are multiple exits and entries to the cave system, which enables even the most claustrophobic of people to have an enjoyable time. This awesome caving adventure is located only 50 minutes drive from Melbourne, so come and join us on this underground playground.
Remember this is not your average guided walk-around caving experience- this is adventure caving or Spelunking as it is otherwise called! You will be crawling on your hands and knees, scrambling over rocks, sliding, navigating some tight spaces, exploring hidden caverns and getting wet and muddy. This adventure can be quite physical but guaranteed it is worth the effort. This is an activity close to Melbourne that can be enjoyed by almost anyone so get ready for the awesomeness and come caving with us!
- Fully Guided caving trip
- All safety equipment including helmets and torches
- Full safety briefing
- All parks fees
- Meeting point is the car park adjacent to Park road, Yarra junction, Vic (Around 55 mins from Melbourne) You will receive the exact location via email at time of booking. You must be able to make your own way to the caving site as we do not provide pickups.
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Participants must be under 110kg and must be physically able to fit through parts of the cave.
- You will need to make your own way to the cave (There is a gravel road up to the cave which is suitable for normal cars)
WHAT TO BRING ADVENTURE CAVING?
A full list is will be emailed to you at time of booking
- Old clothing that you don’t mind getting muddy and wet (Long sleeved top and long pants)
- Closed toed shoes (preferably old ones you don’t mind getting wet)
- A full change of clothes for after the caving.
- If you would like to bring a camera make sure it is waterproof and not easily damaged.
- We recommend you to not take anything into the cave as it may get damaged.
- You must bring a thin pair of gloves for hand protection otherwise we have them for sale on the day at $7.50 per pair.
Need more info? Call us on 1300 70 1194
“My partner and I had loads of fun adventure caving.
Paul and Kate were excellent hosts. I wouldn’t call myself the most adventurous of people, but with Paul and Kate’s help and encouragement I was climbing through tiny holes, across crevasses and up steep tunnels. The activity was enjoyably challenging, but very do-able for most relatively fit people.
We encountered glow worms and cave crickets. We were lucky enough to see so many glow worms that it looked like a sky full of stars! Gorgeous.
You will get wet and muddy, and do lots of crawling around on your hands, knees and belly, so be prepared! We would definitely recommend this activity.”
“WOW the Caving Adventure was so much better than what we all thought.
We had an expectation of walking in the caves with maybe a few tight spots, Well you proved us all wrong. It was a sensational experience, lucky none of us are claustrophobic. Hahaha. Well we are all planning our next trip.
Thank you for the best night.”
“Fantastic first time caving experience
Was a little nervous going in, but our guides were really helpful and friendly. The experience itself was definitely physically challenging and tested your limits if you get a little claustrophobic, but it’s a really fun experience and would highly recommend. Make sure you wear shoes that have good grip on them as you’ll need them!”
“Muscles I didn’t even knew existed hurt!
A fab experience that was physically testing in parts and mind blowing in others! The glow worms were mesmerising and the instructors were friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend!”
“So much fun
Great fun, hosts were very friendly and helpful. Was much more fun and challenging than I anticipated but would definitely recommend.”