Adventure caving in Labertouche cave, Melbourne adventure caving trip.
Adventure caving! This is not your average guided walk-around caving experience – this is adventure caving! You will be crawling on your hands and knees, scrambling over rocks, sliding, navigating some tight spaces, exploring hidden caverns and getting wet and muddy.
ADVENTURE CAVING DESCRIPTION
Labertouche is a great cave to experience whether it’s a first time experience or you’re a seasoned veteran. This Caving adventure is around 3 hours long and starts with an abseil into the cave with only one entry and one exit, this caving adventure is not for the faint at heart. At its deepest point the Granite boulder cave is around 40 metres underground which has been carved out by fast flowing water! The chambers are bigger and there are lots of places to explore to get the adventurous side of you buzzing.
Our route follows an underground river which flows from one end and out the other! We will negotiate giant boulders, some tight spaces, huge drops and fast flowing rivers. If you are feeling adventurous this is the cave for you.
One of only 5 Granite boulder caves in Victoria makes it quite a rare cave and one perfect for adventure caving or Spelunking as it is otherwise known!
We start our caving adventure with a short abseil into the pitch black abyss of the cave! Wanna go first? After which we will start our exploration of the cave and your adventure caving experience really begins! We will squeeze our way through passages, negotiate huge boulder slides and cross chasms with fast flowing water beneath our feet.
As we climb over car size boulders and make our way through the dark passages of Labertouche cave you will be in awe over the sights unfolding before you in this magnificent cave system. Over the next few hours of your adventure caving experience you will slide, crawl and climb your way through the cave whilst negotiating fast flowing rivers, chasms and hidden chambers in this complex maze of tunnels.
This cave is suitable for most people with an adventurous side to them however there is only one entry and one exit point so once you are inside the cave you are 100% committed to finishing it. If you are feeling nervous or intimidated we recommend our caving experience in Britannia caves which has multiple exit points and slightly less confronting.
- Fully guided caving adventure
- All safety equipment including head torches and helmets
- All parks fees
- Full safety briefing
- Labertouche, Victoria (Approx 1 hour from Melbourne) We meet at the Caltex service station 341 Sand road, East bound on the M1.
ADVENTURE CAVING REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of adventure a must
- Maximum weight of 105kg and you must be in proportion.
- Moderate level of fitness
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- You must be able to make your own way to the caving site.
- Available on selected dates only
WHAT TO BRING?
- You must bring a thin pair of gloves for hand protection otherwise we have them for sale on the day at $7.50 per pair.
- Clothes you don’t mind getting muddy and wet. We recommend long pants and a long sleeved jumper.
- Closed toed footwear is essential. Runners are fine (Do not wear thongs or sandals.)
- A full change of clothing including footwear for after the adventure caving.
- $159PP Approx 3 hours of caving.